Thursday, November 8, 2012

Catalyst Conference at Western!

The University of Waterloo is hosting the 3rd annual Catalyst Grade 11 Women’s Conference.

From May 3rd to May 5th 2013, attendees will experience what it means to be an engineer and what it is like to be a student at Waterloo. By participating in a number of hands-on workshops, meet and greets with female students in engineering, competing in a design competition and experiencing life in residence they will build a better understanding of the profession of engineering and post-secondary education.

One of the 2011 students described their experience as follows:

“Catalyst gave me a great experience last year. I had the opportunity to get a sneak peak at dorm life and I learned a lot about engineering. Even though I planned on going into engineering Catalyst helped me to stop second guessing myself about my future.”

The registration fee for this event is $100 and includes meals, some snacks and residence accommodations. All students are responsible for their own travel to Waterloo. If this fee is a barrier bursaries are available. Interested students are asked to submit an application which can be found on the website below.
More information about this event can be found here.
Please pass this opportunity along to your students. A downloadable poster is available to hang in your school and I am happy to send you high quality printed copies. Just let me know via email how many you would like and the mailing address we should use.
Thank-you!
Mara Fontana
Women in Engineering Program Coordinator

Engineering Outreach
200 University Avenue. W.
Waterloo ON N2L 3G1
Tel: 519 888 4567 x38880
Fax: 519 885 0533
Email: mfontana@uwaterloo.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment